Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Toad the Wet Sprocket

Monday night, I went to a concert for one of my all-time favorite bands, Toad the Wet Sprocket. Or, as most college students I tell about the concert call them, "Who?" If you don't know them, Toad was a big rock band in the early to mid '90's. They broke up in late 1997, and this is the first time that they have toured together since. They had hits like "All I Want," "Something's Always Wrong," "Come Down," and "Walk on the Ocean." By the way, they did all of those songs. My only disappointment with the Counting Crows concert a couple of months ago was that they did not play long enough. That was not the case with Toad. They did 17 Toad songs, and then Glen Philips, the lead singer, did some from his solo album. Here are some pics:














Yes, college students, this band does exist. I didn't make it up.
















Here's Dave and I waiting for the band to come on.
















Here's a pic of Glen, the lead singer.
















Here's the best pic I could get of the whole band.

Toad has great songs that really connect with me. They even have a song about the Apostle Paul's conversion called "Fly From Heaven." It's one of my absolute favorite songs of all time. It was a great experience, and Toad was probably the only band that I had never seen that I had still really wanted to see.
Dave told me on the trip that he has made up a list of his top 100 songs of all-time. I thought that was a great idea. I am now going to start working on mine. I may give it in installments. And you can bet that Toad will have serious representation on that list.

4 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger DK said...

I still don't believe you that "Toad the Wet Sprocket" is a real band. I think you fabricated this whole post to back up your story.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Dave Mac said...

One of the best concerts of my life! Thanks for being the only one that I would want to share it with.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Dan Franklin said...

By the way, I found out, by clicking on Toad's web link, which is on my page, that the band's name is derived from a Monty Python skit.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Hey, I've heard of Toad! I can back your story!
I enjoyed the Not Fast Head story also.
I do think I will write a song about Annie's red sweatpants. The best part about about them is that they're too short.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home