Thursday, January 18, 2007

Well, the Tuesday and Wednesday of this week, pretty much everything has been shut down because of snow (or, as Matthey calls it, "hnow"). This has been a mixed blessing (or, pretty much a complete one). I have got to stay home and help my pregnant wife take care of our son. I have still been able to work from home, writing small group lessons. And also, I have got to play in the snow with Matthew on both days.

On Tuesday, it snowed pretty much the whole day, so we were outside while the snow was coming down. We throw snow balls together. They wer mostly powder, but Matthew still got a kick out of it.













On Wednesday, it didn't snow, but it was cold enough that the powder has solidified a bit, but was not icy. We had a ton of fun. As you can see below, we made a snowman ("hnowman).

This picture cracks me up because I had not noticed that the snowman was pretty much exactly the same height as Matthew. Matt helped me pack it together, and it was so much fun. I know that this will probably not be something that he remembers down the road, but I will never forget it.



Something that cracked Matthew up was when I did a snow angel. He didn't totally get the concept of what I was doing, but the fact that I was on the ground, in the snow, pretty much made him belly-laugh. He tried to imitate it, but this mostly consisted of him falling down and rolling in the snow. Either way, it was pretty cool.













It was great times, and the snowman is still up in our front yard. If you live in the area, I hope your snow days were as fun and memorable as mine.

2 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger ang said...

Love the pictures. Glad to see you're loving the hnow as much as we are. Jake is calling it 'no'. Those gosh-darn S's are tricky.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger oregonfatts said...

If matthew would of seen my snow angle, I'm sure he would of enjoyed mine immensely more than yours. Especially since I won north west snow angle fest, for the last 6 years in a row. sincerly, sethas

 

Post a Comment

<< Home