Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Super Bowls and Purpose in Life

Since the Super Bowl is fast-approaching I thought I would post a picture from last year's big game. This is Matthew and I watching the Patriots defeat the Eagles. By the way, I won $50 from my football pool on the Super Bowl last year. That made for a great Valentine's date for Karina and I. This year I will be winning nothing.
It is interesting how quicly time goes. A lot has happened since one year ago, but I have trouble when I try to truly determine how I am different than I was twelve months previous. Moses, in Psalm 90, cried out for God to "teach us to number our days, that we may present to You a heart of wisdom." I have recently been challenging the guys I am discipling (and myself) to be more purposeful in how I plan my weeks. I think, though, it is time for me to look even beyond that. It is one thing to not feel bad about wasting time. It is quite another thing to get to Super Bowl season 2007 (choose any arbitrary date) and be happy about the way I stewarded that year that God gave me.
Happy viewing and happy purposeful planning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home