Thursday, June 22, 2006

Two Down, One to Go

In December, I saw my all-time favorite band: U2. I saw them with my best friend Dave (see Uncle Fuzzy below). In two months Dave and I are going to see my second favorite band of all time: Toad the Wet Sprocket (anyone remember them?). Last night, though, I saw my third favorite all-time band: Counting Crows. It was great!
For those of you who are fans of Adam and the gang, I will attach the set list below. While they did not play as long as I would have liked, they played almost all of my favorites. The reason they did not play too long is because they shared the time with the Goo Goo Dolls. They were great also, but they let their bass player sing a couple of songs at the concert. I don't know what else to say but that he sounds like he has had a major throat injury. If he was to show up for American Idol try-outs I think Simon would tell him, "You sound as if you have smoked 8 packs a day and then sucked helium on top of that" (you must imagine that said with a british accent). Once he started singing, many of us who did not get up for a drink covered our ears and laughed. Wow! Maybe that is what we sound like when we try to assert ourselves in the body of Christ in an area in which we are not gifted. Maybe. Hmm.
Anyway, my favorite performances from the Countring Crows were A Long December and Holiday in Spain. I especially loved A Long December when Adam sings, "It's been so long since I've seen the ocean. . .I guess I should." It made me long for the homeland (California).
Anyway, here is the set list for any of you fans:
Recovering the Satellites
Hard Candy
Mrs. Potter's Lullaby
Mr. Jones
Goodnight Elizabeth
Saint Robinson in His Cadillac Dream
Richard Manuel is Dead
High Life
Miami
Long December
Hanging Around
Holiday in Spain

2 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Hey Dan! I'm proud of you for posting! It's funny because Matt, Kristen, Dewey, Sarah, Daren, JOe and I are all going to that CC concert on Friday! I hope they got your memo on the bass player. I don't need to hear that.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Hey Dan, just wanted to let you know that we just posted the set list on our blog! BTW, they didn't get the memo about the bass player. He sang at least 3 songs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home