Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Baseball Memories

Well, I am just enjoying the final moments of the 77th All-Star Game. Some of my favorite players, including Jim Edmonds (mediocre first half) and Mike Mussina (snubbed!), were left off the team, but it has still been a lot of fun to watch. It reminded me of when the All-Star game was in Anaheim in 1989 and I got to go with my Dad. That was back when Anaheim was the home of the California Angels. Not the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim near Whittier outside of Laguna. Back then the All-Star game had the likes of Ozzie Smith, Tony Gwynn, Wade Boggs, and, most importantly, Bo Jackson. If you're a big bsaeball fan, you'll remember Bo leading of the game with that monster shot to center field. Later in the game he stole a base and scored another run. It was a great game, and I will never forget that game. Fun stuff.
Well, I look forward to getting to take Matthew to his first baseball game someday, and you can bet that it will be a Dodger game and not a Mariner game!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home