Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Take Me to the Car-Car

Matthew and I have a new activity that we do together. When we used to go into the front yard to play (a frequent occurrence when I have just returned from work) he and I used to sit on the trunk of my car and just watch things happen. A couple of weeks ago, while we were doing this, he wanted to climb around on the car. I have surf racks (thanks to my brother), and so this seemed to me like a good idea.He is a pretty good climber, and, for the most part, aware of his own body, so he has not made any bad moves to this point. One neighbor, however, said that she looked out her window and saw me letting him climb around, and that she had to look away because it made her nervous. She said it in a good-natured way, though. Karina likes to say that God gives mothers to boys so that they stay alive, and that He gives fathers to boys so that they won't be wusses.
I know this picture looks perilous, but it was all under control. Really, it was.


The greatest part about this new activity is that Matthew likes to use the back windshield as a slide. He says, "Weee," and slides on down. It doesn't go too fast, but he seems to enjoy it.

So, I mentioned a while ago the whole Top 100 Songs of all-time that my friend Dave did. I have finished my own list. What can I say? I like that kind of stuff. First installment of 100-76 is coming later on this week. Give me comments on memories, or whether you love or hate the songs that I have picked.

2 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger Dave Mac said...

sounds great - looking forward to reading the list!

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger DK said...

Toad the Wet Sprocket released 100 songs!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home