Monday, February 05, 2007

24 Conspiracy Theory

Okay, so I know this is a lot of TV talk lately (am I a total junkie?), but I wanted to get this post in before 24 tonight. So, here is the deal. . .

Last week on 24 that McCarthy guy had just been given the name of someone who could reconfigure the nukes. The person who gave him the name said, "But you may have to force them to do it." So, one of two possibilities. (1) One of the good guys currently on the show (Milo, Morris, Nadia, Chloe) will be kidnapped and forced to reconfigure the nukes, or (2) they are about to bring back a past character (what I am hoping).

So, I started wondering who. Now, last Thursday I was checking out movie times on fandango and saw that a woman I had never heard of in an upcoming movie had 24 on her career credits. I checked to see who she was (a minor character in Season 3), and ended up checking into past characters to see what they have done since 24. Interesting findings.

Last Season several prominent characters died. So, let's check up on them. Dennis Haysbert (President Palmer) has got all kinds of work. He is on The Unit, and is in an upcoming movie called Breach. He is doing fine. Reiko Aylesworth (Michelle Dessler) has been in plenty of things also, since her death at the beginning of Season 5 (she is in the upcoming Alien vs. Predator 2; guess she didn't want to get typecast). Edgar (an actor named Louis Lombardi) has even been in some stuff since his death half-way through the season. All of them have credits since Season 5. All except one.

If you have talked to me about 24 you know my feelings about the untimely death of Tony Almeida last season. You also know that I have always held out hope that he is not really dead. Well, Carlos Bernad (Tony) has no credits since his death half-way through Season 5. Now, are you telling me that Edgar can get work, but Tony can't?! Hmmm.

I am not saying that Tony is the one who they will get to reconfigure the bombs. But I am saying that I think chances are not terrible that he will be back. Maybe he didn't die from that shot to the heart. Maybe he'll show up and partner with Jack again. After all, Jack got swept away to China so fast, Tony could have ended up being alive, and no one would know.

Anyway, in other news, I'm happy that the Colts won the Super Bowl. That was cool for Peyton and for Dungy. Here's a picture of Matthew to make up for all this TV talk.



6 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger ang said...

This is Dan not Ang but I liked the theories. Can't wait til tonight. Another theory for ya is that Jack's "nephew" is actually his son. Enjoy the show
Stump

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Dan Franklin said...

I think the nephew theory is more than likely. I already like the kid more than Kim, anyway.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Hey Dan! Thanks for calling my zoo ghetto. Whatever! We'll pay our two dollars to see our coyotes! Anywho, when I started reading your post, I was thinking Dan wants them to pull Tony back in. Then I scrolled down and saw the picture. I totally called it. Daren and I were totally on to the nephew/son deal, but I hadn't read into the "forcing" someone thing. Okay, gotta go clean my house!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Dave Mac said...

You and your predictions are only going to end up hurting me! ;-)

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Greg and Andrea said...

You are a pseudo-prophet. The mere fact that Morris was in your shortlist is good enough in my book to put you in the pantheon of '24' authorities.

Well done Dan Franklin, well done

-The Coug

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger oregonfatts said...

Once again Dan you surpass all my expectations with your keen observation into cast and credits. You truely love 24. This is obvious. I too look up what cast members that I like are doing in future projects, but never have I thought to look up what cast members who have died on hit series are doing. I think it may be safe to speculate that people who have died on lost, may show up on surviver. Unless of course, this scares producers into the fact that this may let out the secret that you have so brilliantly uncovered. Nice work my friend... nice work. seth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home