Thursday, September 20, 2007

Fantasy Survivor

First of all, I got some response in my last post about the banning of video games after the age of 32. Mom, I think you are an exception. You kill at Dr. Mario. It's amazing. You somehow pull it off. I was thinking more of the guy who is 35 years old, but is still acting like a 16 year old.
Secondly, most of you know that I have confessed to liking the show Survivor. The amazing thing is how many people have responded that they also watch. It's a fun show to talk about because everyone disagrees on who is good and who is bad, whether it is okay to lie or not, and all that stuff.
Anyway, the new season starts tonight (I think we're going to watch it with some friends this weekend). Last year my best friend Dave told me that his wife, Kelly, was in a Survivor pool with some friends. They each picked who they thought would win, put in $5 or something, and then watched the show. Whoever's pick won, they got the money.
I thought it would be fun to do something like that (whether or not it involved money).
MY IDEA:
1. Everyone watches the first episode to get an idea of who is who.
2. Everyone either emails me (dan.franklin@goodshepherdcc.org or responds to this post with their pick to win.
3. We could do it where multiple people pick the same person, or we could go first-come first-serve. That would mean that if two people pick the same person, the second picker would have to go back and choose a remaining character.
4. Come on, you know you're out there. Sister. Blomquists. Stumps. Moffats (both couples). Dave. Mirranda, Rich (Survivor buddy).
Anyway, could be fun.
Also, I get to pick first.
5. No, picking begins as soon as the first episode is over. I will not be watching it for a couple of days, so you could all leave me with no one to pick except for the older annoying person who is always one of the first three eliminated.

9 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

Dude. Our TV was struck by lightning 3 months ago, so I am WAY out of the TV loop. We just took it in to get fixed, but I can't beleive that I totally missed the first episode of Survivor. I did manage to find it on the internet and watched it this morning. Hadleigh enjoyed watching it too.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Dave Mac said...

I am picking James, the gravedigger.... my second pick is Aaron, the surf instructor. My suggestion is that we make it a $5 bet.... tell me so and I will send you the cash asap.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I don't know who to pick! The people who win are usually the people who I don't want. I think Yul was the only one I was okay with. I also watched on the I-net this morning. I'll e-mail you my pick as soon as I decide.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Dan Franklin said...

Making my pick before he goes.
Todd.
I'll explain more in a post.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger ang said...

We just watched it today. James is my favorite, but probably too threatening to stay around until the end. Then again he could pull a Terry/Ozzy and win all the individual immunities. So I'll choose "Frosty" because nicknames rule, and right now that chocolatey beverage you eat with a spoon sounds delicious.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Dan Franklin said...

Nice choice, Ang. I thought about choosing him.
It's Frosti, though. Gotta have the "i."

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger DK said...

@ earlier comment: How does one's TV get struck by lightning!? That must have been an exciting day!

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Megan said...

Eric votes for Jean-Robert, Megan votes for Erik

If those are taken, Eric votes for Amanda, Megan for Aaron

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Funny Dan. I was going to vote for Todd. Anywho, I'll pick Dave-he's from Simi! Plus he has the stellar education of one year at Moorpark and one semester of ITT. Former model... I just can't go wrong. I'll pick Leslie for Daren. He always roots for the underdog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home