Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Increasing Vocabulary

There are a couple of reasons why I love this picture. The first is that Matthew often insists on wearing his Dodger cap to bed. That is just fun with us. The second is that, as you can see, Matthew sheets, pillow, and comforter are all baseball-themed. In order to selflessly help Matthew increase his word count, I have been teaching him to identify all the teams by their logos. He caught on really fast, getting the Dodgers, Cardinals, Angels, and Red Sox (this one was easier since their logo actually has red sox on it). I realized that it was clicking for him a couple of weeks ago when I was watching baseball highlights and he said, "That's the Angels," when they flashed the Angel logo on the TV. He now has 28 of the 30 teams down cold. Most of the time he can remember the Devil Rays (the most insignificant team in the history of baseball, and that does in fact take the Expos into account), and he still has never been able to get the Twins. Seems like it would be an easy one, but there you go. The other special thing that I have taught him concerns loyalties. When I point to the Giants logo he says, "That's the Bad Guys." So True.
Well, we're painting our house this weekend (if the weather cooperates). Should be quite a project.

3 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger ang said...

Jake salutes Matty as he sleeps in his Seahawks bed under his Shawn Alexander poster on his navy blue wall. And my Dan salutes you, Dan. :o)

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Matt Larson said...

I love that he keeps his Dodger hat on... Way to be a good dad!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Eric 'n Leah said...

That is so great! I grew up going to Giant/Dodger games at Candlestick Park...as a LA fan all my life, my dad wouldn't let me walk to the restroom by myself at the games -for fear of his daughter getting beat up while using the facilities... Ahhh, the memories.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home