Monday, May 14, 2007

UN-BEE-LEE-VAH-BULL

Okay, now my really final Survivor post. I thought that this season was not incredibly eventful, but I still liked it. Then the Finale. I watched it last night late (I had to tape it). I was jumping around the room when Dreamz didn't give up the immunity necklace (at which point I also said aloud, "It's going to be 9-0"). Let me say this, I not only thought it was the most messed up thing that a Survivor had ever done. I thought it was the ONLY messed up thing a Survivor had ever done. Everything else (at least in the seasons I have watched) was clearly within the game. Boston Rob turning on Lex? Sure. Jonny Fairplay lying about his grandma dying? Why not? Jonathan turning on everyone and rejoining Yul? Go for it. But Yau Man gives Dreamz a car, and then Dreamz doesn't keep his end of the deal. Yau Man did not ask Dreamz to quit the game. Dreamz could have gone to Yau and Earl and said, "You have a better chance against me than Cassandra." Or he could have gone to Cassandra and Yau and said, "Let's vote out Earl." I was beyond shocked when he didn't give Yau the necklace. It was the only time I really thought someone did something that was just wrong. Man.
Yau should have reasoned with him, "Dreamz, you know that if you betray me here, you are not going to get a single vote (he was already in many people's bad graces). Dreamz could have honorably finished in fourth. Instead he became the first (and in my mind only) totally dishonorable Survivor player, and all it got him was 3rd/2nd, with no votes from anyone.
I was happy that Earl won. I thought he was very deserving. I thought Yau was more deserving, but not by a ton. I was just happy when I knew for sure that one of them would win (once Yau won immunity in the final five). What a great attitude, though, by Yau, to show no bitterness. He came out smelling like roses.
Now I know why DaveMac called me during the show. It was right when that went down. Sad.
Anyway, I need to also revoke any affection that I poured out for Alex during the game. What exactly was it that he was so mad at Cassandra about? That was pathetic. And Lisi was worse. She's ragging on Cassandra when she quit the game? Dumb.
And finally, the finale just showed me again that Michelle got a raw deal and that she would have won it all if not for that lame twist of team immunity after the merge. Poor gal. She deserved better.
Anyway, good stuff. Hope you all enjoyed it (except for that horrific part where Dreamz sold out).
Just for fun, final rankings from 19 to 1.
19. Dreamz (sad, sad, sad)
18. Lisi (why all this bitterness from the one who quit)
17. Cassandra (no game)
16. Jessica (sorry, didn't know her)
15. Rocky (just did not see why he was so mean to Anthony)
14. Anthony (nice guy; just not a very good player)
13: Erica (didn't know her either, but seemed a bit unpredictable)
12. Sylvia (short stay)
11. Alex (man, falling from grace with that bitter rant)
10. Stacy (in the end, seemed pretty nice)
9. Gary (papa smurf, too bad he got hurt)
8. Liliana (just didn't get to know her)
7. Rita (I thought she was cool)
6. Mookie (decent player)
5. Boo (funny, nice, good in challenges)
4. Edguardo (really like him a lot)
3. Earl (prefectly happy with my third favorite winning)
2. Yau Man (he played the best overall)
1. Michelle (oh, what could have been)

5 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger DK said...

maybe I'm the only one, but....FINALLY!

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

So...mostly agree...you can read my rant about Lisi...what an idiot...

But though I hate what Dreamz did, I am not surprised and I as much as I hate it, it is part of the game. Yau was an idiot for trying to bargain. And honestly, it was low, but I think the whole Johnny Fairplay and the grandmother was WAY worse. Only in the sense that (though Dreamz denies it) I don't think he really set out to screw Yau.

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Mirranda said...

I was so mad! I totally thought that Dreamz would live up his bargain.

On the other hand, it gave Yau another chance to show how amazing he is by accepting it and forgiving Dreamz for a totally heinous move.

:)

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Greg and Andrea said...

Can't wait for survivor villian all-stars, with Johnny fairplay going head to head with Dreamz and Hatch.

Yau-man is the best old, skinny, asian survivor ever.

GMoff

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dan! I had no idea you were a Survivor fan AND... I mean goodness.. I wish I had known all along I would have joined in and given my applause to your words! :-) I completely am with you on the final outcome! Yau man... great man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home