Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Summer is Here


Well, Summer has officially arrived from the Franklin household, as I finished up my seminary semester one week ago. God also seemed to have planned to have the weather take a serious turn toward SoCal at this same time because it has been incredibly nice out lately. To celebrate, this past Friday I took Matthew to Multnomah Falls, and he and I hung out and hiked. Some of you may remember that I took him there a while ago, and he wanted to walk up to the bridge without holding my hand. I let him do this, and I just walked next to him. I got several chiding looks from other parents, but I knew Matt could handle it, and he did.
This time Matthew walked to the bridge and beyond. I held his hand only when we crossed the bridge. Most of the time Matthew was saying, "Daddy, watch you." What he really was saying was, "I want you to watch me instead of doing this with me. Pretty independent, but we were able to come to an understanding.
All in all, it was a blast. Here are some of the pictures I took.
























2 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Matt said...

I like the top pic, it looks like Matthew (are you into calling him Matt?) could be on Oregon Field Guide...

"In the spring, when the ice caps thaw on Mount Hood, the flow of water increases dramatically. Bad for the mountain penguins, good for us."

A future career? Maybe.

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger oregonfatts said...

I've got nothin funny or creative... just wanted to say I love your posts, I'm a big fan. I love hearing about your times with mat, and seeing your picks... it's good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home