Monday, August 25, 2008

My-Son-Jack Turns One

This past Saturday My Son Jack turned one. On the one hand, it is hard to believe that it has been a whole year. On the other hand, it is hard to believe that he ever was not a part of our family.

Jack is standing on his own now. He has been doing so for several weeks. I don't know if it is fair to say that he is walking. He has taken some steps, though. Usually no more than two at a time. He can crawl so fast that I don't think he is terribly interested in taking the time to learn how to walk.

I will post more on Jack in the coming days because we still have not had his birthday party. I also had a video that my blog won't post, so you can check it out on my facebook page if you want. But right here on my blog I'll talk about some of my favorite things about my son.

Things I Love About My-Son-Jack
1. His Big Smile. Jack loves to smile. He is frequently happy.
2. His Controlled Sit and Stand. Jack sits and stands very well. He doesn't usually fall, but instead slowly lowers himself down.
3. His Happy Growl. He loves to growl happily while he crawls all over me. Pretty great stuff.
4. His Admiration of Big Brother. Jack is totally enamored with Matt, and Matt is really great with him.
5. His Communication Skills. Jack is pretty good at letting you know what he wants, whether it is food, sleep, or if he simply wants to be picked up.
6. His Nicknames. We call him JB. Those are not his initials, though. His full name is Jack Timothy. JB stands for Jack Bud, which Karina calls him. But nicknames have a tendency of morphing in our household. JB morphed into Haybee. Then we could call him Haybee Jaybee, which sounds a lot like the Heebee Jeebees.

I'm so blessed to be Jack's dad. Can't wait to see what it is like as he grows and develops his personality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home