Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tim Russert, 1950-2008

Tim Russert died this past Friday. He had a sudden heart attack, and medical personnel were unable to resuscitate him.
Some of you may know who Tim Russert is. For years he hosted the show "Meet the Press," which aired on Sunday mornings. For the past six months of so I have received the "Meet the Press" podcast. It became part of my Sunday afternoon routine to watch it on my computer. I was able to stay up to date with political issues through it. I grew to greatly appreciate Russert's demeanor, and his (in my opinion) fairness toward the issues and candidates. I felt that he was fair in that he sought to hold all candidates responsible. Anyone going on the program would know that Russert would take them to task. They would have to answer for their votes, their policies, and their past statements.
Watching the "Meet the Press" podcast this last week, which was a tribute to Russert, was very powerful to me. It was a powerful tribute to someone who loved what he did, and who sought to contribute to the country in a positive way.
Anyway, because I had sort of grown attached to Russert, with my weekly "Meet the Press" podcast, I had to give him a special mention. May his family and friends be comforted during this time.

1 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger kristin said...

I saw an interview with his son, Luke, this week on the Today Show. He was poised, well-spoken, gracious, grateful. I thought that it was a lovely tribute to his father -- he certainly seems to be a fine young man and mature beyond his years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home