Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Bourne

So, Karina and I watched The Bourne Identity last night. It had been a while since we had last seen it, and we own the second Bourne movie. I have to say. The Bourne Identity rocks. It is so, so good. I had seen it at least twice before, and yet I was so engrossed the entire time. Great movie.

I also think the second two Bourne movies are great. But I have one issue with them. . .


The Bourne Identity is a good title. The movie is about Jason Bourne and it is about him trying to figure out his identity. But why is the second one called The Bourne Supremacy. I mean, come on. It is not a movie about him taking over the world, or even a country or a mini-mart. It is just a movie about Jason Bourne doing the same thing he did in the first one. He dominates bad guys and tries to figure out who he is. Why is he supreme in this one? Anybody have an answer?
And the third one is called The Bourne Ultimatum. I don't remember an ultimatum in the third movie any more than I remember one in the first or second one. As in the others two, in The Bourne Ultimatum, Jason Bourne is defeating and exposing bad guys, and (wait for it) he is trying to figure out who he is.

Now, I am not ripping on the movies at all. I think they are great. But what is with the titles? Come on Robert Ludlum! I guess The Bourne Identity 2 just didn't sound right.

In fact, there are a lot of movies that could have come from this series:
Bourne Yesterday (a prequel dealing with his past)
Bourne Again (where he deals with ultimate questions)
Bourne to be Wild (where he decides to stop exposing bad guys and simply listens to loud music and rides a motorcycle)

I am open to more suggestions.

4 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Greg and Andrea said...

Bourne in the USA. He could wear a wrestling singlet and wave a 4x4 Jim Duggan style?

-Coug

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger the Maine man said...

Stillbourne...while Jason grapples with the trail of carnage he has left in his wake, a ghost takes him on a journey to the past to see how much better the world would be if he had never lived.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Dave Mac said...

Don't forget the Swedish remake: "The Bjorn Ultimatum"

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Matt Guerino said...

This was the last thing I needed on a day off since my brain couldn't let it go...

Pop Bourne - having discovered his identity, Jason now embarks on a quest to find his father.

Protecting the Unbourne - Jason trots the globe in pursuit of the man who's trying to kill his pregnant wife.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home