Monday, March 31, 2008

Family Fun

For the second year in a row, I got to go out to Ecola Bible School and teach a class for a week. Not that they begged me to come back after last year. More the opposite. Back in September I called them to say that I was available if they wanted me, and they asked me to fill a spot and teach the Minor Prophets. I said, "This is not an area of primary study for me, but I am willing to research it so that I can teach it well." They said that was okay.
The class seemed to go well. It was great to teach, to get to know some students, and to have some family time. I taught an hour each morning and evening, but we had the daytime to hang out. Here are some pics.


Being in the area, we hit the Tillamook Cheese Factory. Matt loved it! Here we are by the official cow.

Here it Matt enjoying the results of a trip to the Cheese Factory. He is having Chocolate and Peanut Butter ice cream. He shared it with his mom. I had German Chocolate Cake ice cream. Wow.

There were also some fun times together for the boys. Here they are after their baths.

But Matt's favorite part was the game room at Ecola. Here he is learning to play chess.

We also played some rounds of mini golf at the game room.

Jack didn't get to play yet, but he had a good time watching us.

Matt gradually improved his swing with each round.


And, by the way. . .

Woo hooo!!!!! Final Four in three straight years! I love Howland. I love Love. I really love to watch Westbrook. He has great speed and power. Now lets see if they can bring the championship home. I am nervous to see how they match up with Memphis.

4 Comments:

At 4:29 AM, Blogger Kellie said...

I didn't know you were teaching at ECOLA!?! That is great, Dan! :)
The boys are getting so big! Thanks for sharing photos.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

looks like a fam rivalry...dave is rooting for memphis.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Amy Guerino said...

Dan,
You were in Cannon Beach during Spring Break? We were too for the whole "every kind of weather" week. I wish we knew so we could have seen you. OR..It would have been fun to have just bumped into your sweet family but it wasn't meant to be. I love the pictures posted. That smile of Matt's is so like yours! :)

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Hey Dan! I know you might be a bit sad about UCLA losing, but Daren and Annie were thrilled about KU. You should check out the little video we put on our blog. I think you'd appreciate it :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home