Thursday, February 28, 2008

Spring is Here?

Get ready for a ton of pictures.
We are having our Spring teaser right now in Oregon. The sun is out. I know this is no big deal to those of you in SoCal, but it is a rarity up here. That said, we have been having us some outside fun.

Matt and I hiked Latourell again.














He did a great job. We probably hiked for an hour in a half before he asked me to carry him. Which I did. For another 45 minutes. I kept telling myself, "This is why I go to the gym. I go so that I will have the energy to do things like this with my kids."















It was a great time. We are hoping to go back as a whole family soon.















Then last Friday the Ritter kids came over. I had to include this pic of Matt and Hanah. Friends.















Jacob and Sarah had fun playing some fun playing baseball in our backyard. Jacob kept telling Sarah, "You can't be afraid of the ball." Good advice from an older bro. Matt played a little baseball too. He wore his pirate hat and asked us to call him, "The Captain." So, when I would say, "You ready, Matt?" right before I pitched, he would not respond. Then I would say, "You ready, Captain?" and then everything would kick in.















Later that day, Jake and Ty came over.















Last time they were over in good weather was the Fall, and I let Jake and Matt bury me with leaves. Jake asked to do it again, but there were not enough. Instead, they played in the ivy.




























Jack got in on the outside-action too, but he's not quite ready to be running around with the guys.



























Now, two videos. I will title the first one "Wake up!" Listen to it from Matt. Also, listen for Ty's greeting when he joins Matt and Jake in the ivy.


This next one is of Jack making his happy noises. It is funny, though, because you can hear Karina in the background giving instructions to the other boys.



Fun, fun stuff. Love the sun. Love being outside.

4 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Dave Mac said...

Your boys are completely and 100% adorable... just like their old man!

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Randy Alcorn said...

Great pics, Dan. Fun stuff.

Randy

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Amy Guerino said...

Latourell Falls is the best hike to do with little people! I'm glad you do it with your little man. Matt has taken Elizabeth and they miss the easy access to the waterfalls....but they still take many hikes. Thanks for the pictures. I love visiting your blog to keep updated and feel closer to you guys.

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

Holy...Matt looks just like you...insanity!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home