Monday, July 07, 2008

A Message from Jack

Hi, my name is Jack. I am 10 and a half months old now, so Dad says that I am old enough to do my first blog post. There are a lot of things I want to talk about (food, nicknames, colors, the fact that I am starting to stand on my own), but I thought I would just let you see some pictures of something that my brother and I did a couple of weeks ago.

My Dad took us out for the day. First we went to Multnomah Falls. It was fun to get to go. It was really loud, and we got sprayed with water. All said, though, it was still worth it.

My brother, Matt, was used to going to the Falls, so he was more interested in what we were going to do next. In the car he kept asking Dad where we were going. Dad had hinted that it might have to do with fish, so Matt kept asking, over and over, if we were going to see fish. I can't really talk much yet, but I thought Matt had a pretty good strategy for extraction information. I mean, he's no Jack Bauer, but he was pretty relentless. Every time he would ask Dad if we were going to see fish, Dad would say, "I don't know, you'll have to wait and see." After this went back and forth, oh, I don't know, 20-30 times, Matt paused and then said (very seriously), "Yes or no?" This made Dad laugh a lot, but he still didn't give up any more information. Next time I think we will have to try out sensory deprivation. That might bring some better results.

Well, we did end up seeing fish. We went to the fish hatchery in Bonneville. It was pretty cool. Here is Matt standing next to some Rainbow Trout. We got to feed them and watch them all fight each other for the food. We also got to see some huge sturgeon and some tiny little baby fish. Pretty cool stuff.

At the end of the time, we got this picture together, all three of us. As you can see, I am trying to keep these guys serious.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my story. I am going to sit down and eat some cornbread now. And then later on I will pull myself up on the couch over and over and over again. Then I will practice saying "Mama" and "Dada." I've just about got both of them identified.
Have a nice day.

1 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

surprise, I started a blog! :) Oh, and in my defense, Jack is not eating cornbread in that last photo, it is a hard-boiled egg yolk. But, in your defense, it does look like cornbread. Thanks for being such a great dad to our boys--and a great husband to me. love you, k

 

Post a Comment

<< Home