Thursday, November 05, 2009

Re-Boot

So, it has been a long time since I have blogged. I am going to get it going again. Sort of like a reboot. Tell your friends!

I thought I would start my first "re-post" with some pics of the fam.
Here is Jack. He is currently a big fan of Larry (of VeggieTales fame), dancing, and water. It is not so much that he loves to drink water (although he is not against it), but it is that he LOVES playing with and in water. In this picture he was roaming around a fountain near a Baja Fresh. He kept putting his hands in the water and then jumping in the puddles around it.
Speaking of water, we have made one run so far at potty training Jack. It did not take in one weekend. I think sometime around Thanksgiving I am going to try a crash course. Some of you may remember how that went with Matt. If you don't know, here is a link to the post about it: http://lettersfromthedesert.blogspot.com/2007_12_01_archive.html
Scroll about half-way down and enjoy the ride.


Matt is getting ready to turn 5 in a couple of weeks. He currently enjoys baseball (watching and playing), learning Latin with his Mom, doing crafts, and playing with his cousins. Matt is in preschool again and his favorite part about it is the crafts. He has been enjoying the Chronicles of Narnia as Karina and I have been reading them to him lately (we are almost through The Silver Chair!)
Here we all are during our Colorado trip from late June/early July. I may give some more pics on this later, but just wanted to give a somewhat updated picture of Karina and me (we always get a lot of the kids, but few with both of us in the same picture). Karina has been staying busy by teaching Latin to Matt and working with Jack to get settled into his big-boy-bed and to get less dependent on his pacifier. She also has been reading back through the Jane Austen novels.
I have been adjusting to some new responsibilities at the church (more preaching and overseeing small groups). Meanwhile I have been getting tackled a lot by my boys. I have also done a lot of great reading. More on that later also.
So, this is just a welcome back reboot. Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Blogger Mike Bonebright said...

Dan - next time you're in Colorado, let me know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home