Monday, February 12, 2007

2 Hours Tonight

Okay, so I want to say this as an opening statement. I wrote a post about Survivor/Lost and received four comments and endless informal talk from people who read it. I wrote a post about 24, and there were six comments on the post. I wrote a post about John Piper and some stuff in the Bible and being a Christian and all that . . . and received no comments. So, if anyone wants to rag on me for talking about 24 again now, you can hold your tongue. You asked for it.

Two hours of 24 tonight. Two! Awesome. So, last week Tony did not return. He probably won't. Sad. Morris is taken captive. Jack's brother is dead.

Here is something interesting. Last season we viewers experienced the ultimate betrayal when we found out that the President was bad. How can you possibly top that this season? I'll tell you how: By making Jack's father bad. That was actually more crushing to me than finding out that the POTUS was evil. Is that weird? Or are we just so attached to Jack Bauer that we would rather believe that the President is bad than believe that his father is in with the terrorists? Things to think about.

So, before the season began, the word was that former President Logan would be back in some form this season. I have good reason to believe that his return will be tonight. That should be awesome. We need some returning characters, and he was always interesting (even when you despised him, which was pretty much all the time).

Other characters to watch out for: Aaron Pierce, Martha Logan, Mike Novick, Audrey Rains (of course). I don't know that any of them will be back tonight, but I think all will show up before the season is out.

So, let me give some 24 advice.

You know. . .

That you're about to be betrayed when you confide in someone and they ask, "Who else have you told?"

That you're a Vice President when you find yourself undermining your boss.

That you're on Jack's bad side when he responds to you by saying, "Fine."

That you're a CTU director when you find yourself consistently saying to your employees, "You don't work for Jack; you work for me!"

That you're talking to Jack Bauer when every question you ask is answered with, "I'll exlpain later. Right now we need to. . ."


Enjoy. More to come.

3 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Blogger DK said...

Honestly? I'll tell you why.

How is anyone supposed to formulate a worthy comment on a post about a quote from Piper?

24 (with 6 comments), and to a lesser extent the more intellectual Lost (with only 4 comments), takes much less brain power to casually comment on.

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Ami said...

Just to put my 2 cents in...I hate 24. Jack is little, unhappy, unreasonable, angry man.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Dan Franklin said...

Just that fact that you would say that makes me wonder if you have been compromised. Were you recruited to a terrorist cell while in Germany?
Just kidding. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home