Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Brothers

One of the really fun things about having two kids is seeing the beginning of the "brothers" interaction between Matt and Jack. Of course, most of the interaction is being done on the part of Matthew. He is the one who is able to engage. He has been a little bummed at times that our attention is now divided between the two of them, but he has never yet acted out against Jack. He has always been really tender and affectionate. He sometimes sings to him, hugs him, and kisses him. He also really wants to help when Jack is crying, and sometimes we have to actually tell him, "It's okay, Matt. We got it. No, don't try to give him his pacifier. No, he doesn't need that blanket." It's good-natured, though, so it is fun to watch.
I can't wait until the boys are older and can do things together more. I am sure there will be lots of fights (like there were between Chris and I), but I am also sure there will be a lot of joy. They will get to share great moments with each other, and I hope that we as parents can foster an attitude of rejoicing with one another instead of competing with one another.




2 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger ang said...

Nothing better than brothers. I love it, and can't wait to see all 4 of our boys interacting together!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger chris993866 said...

fight? you and me? naah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home