Friday, December 14, 2007

Survivor: Stump is Cut in Half

Well, we are down to the final four in Survivor. P.G. is the latest victim. She was one of Stump's picks when he joined last and took the field (consisting of Ashley, Sherea, Courtney, and P.G.). So Dan Stump is still in it, but his real chance at victory seems to be cut down. I didn't really like P.G. most of the game because she wasn't very nice. I almost wanted to root for her at the end, though, because she was such a fighting. Surprisingly good in the challenges. She almost pulled this one off.
That said, whew. Again. My boy Todd has made it all the way to the Final Four. While people keep saying that he backstabbed everyone, I can't think of anyone that he backstabbed other than those who Amanda and Courtney also backstabbed. Denise did the same, except that she was left out of the decision on J.R.
Final Four Analysis
If Todd or Amanda wins, he or she will take their place amongst, in my opinion, the very deserving winners of Survivor. They have controlled the game, and that is what makes someone great. Todd or Amanda will take his or her place amongst such greats as Hatch, Tina, Brian, Tom, and Yul.
If Denise wins, she will take her place near the top of the not-so-deserving winners. That list would include Sandra, Aras, Jenna, and Ethan (I am saying that mostly to rile up my sister).
If Courtney wins, she will take her place near the bottom of that not-so-deserving winners.
I think Amanda missed her chance of winning it all. I don't see her making the Final Two unless she wins the last challenge. And, come to think of it, I guess that is not so far out of the question. I think Todd would be smart to try to get her out in fourth, though.
Denise and Courtney both want to go up against Todd. This gives Todd a great chance of making the Final Two, but not such a great chance of winning it.
I think Amanda would beat any of the other three.
I think Denise would beat Courtney and might beat Todd.
I think Todd would beat Courtney, and he might pull it off against Denise.
I don't think Courtney can beat anyone. She may make the finals, though. She has just done nothing impressive. At least Denise has the strategy of keeping Todd around. She has resisted some ploys to get him off.
Remaining Question
If this season is going to have a Final Two, which the preview indicated, why did the jury start at the person in 10th place? That would make for a jury of 8 people. That really opens them up to the possibility of a tie. If there going to be a twist? Is the person in third place not going to be able to vote? It doesn't make sense to me.

Congrats to Andrea Moffat (Amanda), Dan Stump (Courtney), Karina Franklin (Denise), and me (Todd) for being the Final Four in our first pick 'em. Let's see who brings home the bacon.

Go Todd!

2 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

I'll add to the deserving winners Rob and Amber, they controlled the all-star game...even though they annoy the crap out of me. And adding to the completley undeserving winners- Vesepia...that was ridiculous.

I will say if Courtney wins I will be really angry. Amanda was crazy for not voting off Todd this past week. She has to get immunity to stay in this game now. But I do hope she wins it all.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Dan Franklin said...

First of all, I would have given props to Boston Rob, but he didn't win. I won't give too many props to Amber because she totally hid behind Rob the whole time.
Secondly, Amanda would have got Todd off, but Denise wouldn't agree to it. Amanda jsut wasn't able to pull the votes.
Third, I thought Vecepia was good. She was one of the few people who survived even though her alliances continues to fall apart. Pretty impressive to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home