Sunday, December 09, 2007

My Potty Training

Hi, I'm Matt. This is my journal from my focused potty training over the last couple of days. I'm a little behind on potty training because my mom had my brother in her tummy, and now she has to feed him all the time. My dad took some time off work to hang out at home, and to help me go on the potty.
THURSDAY
8:00am: Dad wakes me up and talks me into coming to sit on the potty. I didn't really want to, but I eventually said okay. Dad set me up with breakfast and let me watch stuff on his computer. He said that I was not going to get off the potty until I went peepee or poopoo.
8:30am: I started watching Veggietales' Lord of the Beans. I also ate some breakfast.
9:10am: Still nothing. Started watching Veggietales' Minesota Cuke on dad's computer.
9:30am: Dad promised to make me blueberry muffins if I went on the potty.
9:50am: Started watching Wallace the Grownup (Wallace and Gromit) on dad's computer.
11:10am: Right after beginning to watch Elmo's World, I went peepee a little bit. It mostly trickled down on the floor. We celebrated, my dad put some underwear on me, and we went into the kitchen.
11:12am: I peed all over my chair and on the floor under my chair. It was obvious that I still needed to go, so dad took me back to the potty. I was really, really unhappy. He actually had to hold me down on the potty while I thrashed and screamed. I was a bit scared.
11:18am: I finally couldn't hold the pee in any longer. I went. I had so much pee in me that it went all over the floor, even though I was sitting on the toilet. And then I went more. And more. By the time I was done half the bathroom floor was covered with my pee. It got on my socks, dad's pants, the wall, and pretty much everything else. My dad said that he had no idea someone my size could have that much pee instead of them. Mom brought in a big beach towel and then she mopped the floor. I put on some more underwear and then went back to the kitchen. I sat and watched Elmo's World on Dad's computer.
12:35pm: I was complaining and uncomfortable, so dad took me back to the potty. This time I went, and it all went in the toilet. Woohoo!
1:45pm: I took a nap. My dad put me in a pull-up and after about 3 minutes I had pooped in it. He let me have a new one.
4:15pm: I got up from my nap.
4:30pm: I said that I needed to go, so dad took me to the toilet. This time I peed a lot in the toilet. We hugged and celebrated. It was a big accomplishment.
5:45pm: I peed again in the toilet!
7:00pm: My mommy's friends came over to see Jack and give her presents. I played with them and had a lot of fun. I mostly stayed in the kitchen with my dad, though. We brought a lot of toys into the kitchen, including my basketball hoop. Since I was wearing just a shirt and my underwear, dad said that I looked like a basketball player from the '70s. Whatever that means.
7:40pm: I went peepee again!
8:00pm: I watched a little bit of Survivor with dad.
8:45pm: I went to bed, wearing a pull-up.
Friday
8:00: Dad woke me up and we went straight to the toilet. After about 20 minutes, I peed successfully in the toilet. The 20 minutes was a big improvement, considering the fact that it took me over three hours Thursday morning.
9:10am: I peed again in the toilet. I am really getting the hang of this.
10:30am: I peed in the kitchen. It got all over my puzzles.
11:15am: I peed a little on the toilet, and then peed the rest in the bathroom.
12:30pm: I peed again in the potty. I have been doing so well that my mom and dad let me eat a blueberry muffin while sitting on the potty. They're so nice.
1:20pm: Did it again!
1:45pm: Napped in a pull-up. Once again I pooped as soon as that thing got on me. Eventually I will do that on the potty.
5:30pm: I went over to spend the night at Gramm's house, so my mom and dad could go to a Bible study. The next morning, I peed on the potty three times at Gramm's house. That was great! Since then I have not peed anywhere but on the potty. It gets easier every time!
Finally, here I am celebrating my victories.

7 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger DK said...

That was hilarious! Oh the joys of parenting, so much to look forward to. :)

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Georgia said...

hi to Karina ~ it's fun to see your family. you can see mine too. :)

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Dave Mac said...

Matt~ Your blog is way funnier than your dads. In fact, I laughed so hard, I peed my own pants! ;-) Thanks for sharing in your potty struggles.

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, the first time I hear anything from Dan in a while and this is what I read :) Nice.

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is your best post ever!

chris f.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Hey Dan and Karina~
used to go to GSCC with you guys and came across your blog through somebody else's, can't remember now! This blog post was SOOOOO funny. Reminded me of potty training days with my 3 boys. I love the part about peeing on the puzzles, and the kitchen floor, and pooing in the pull up. SO familiar. Thanks for making me laugh!

 
At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is hysterical. Matt is a doll.

I detest potty-training. I have 3 girls--7, 5, and almost 2. I refuse to potty-train the youngest. If she's 6 and still in diapers, then we'll talk.

The pee on the puzzles was my favorite part.

Marla T.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home