Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My Trip to Downtown Portland, by Matt

This is Matt. Every Friday morning I have special time with my Dad. About a week and a half ago, Dad said that we were going to go on a vacation. Now he wants me to report back about it. Here we go.

First we got on this train. It's called the MAX. I really liked being on it. It was fun because it kept stopping so that new people could get on and get off. Some of them talked to me.
When we got off the train and walked around. We saw a place called Skidmore Fountain. That is close to where some of the college students (and others) hang out on Friday nights and do something called Nightstrike.
After that we ended up at Pioneer Square. I saw this statue of a man holding an umbrella. Pretty cool. Later on, when I was racing against Dad, I bonked my head on the statue's sleeve. I think I didn't know that it would be so hard. I cried a little, but I got over it.
When we were at Pioneer Square I saw a cool building, pointed to it, and asked if we could go there. Dad said that we would try. It turned out that I had pointed at Pioneer Square Courthouse. We went in and checked out the offices and courtrooms. Here I am in one of them.
Then we went high up in the Courthouse and looked out over the square. Pretty cool view.
When we went back to the square, I chased birds for a while. I didn't catch any, but I still really enjoyed it.
There were a lot of kids there, probably on a field trip or something. I like to play with big kids, so I went over to where they were playing.
Then Dad and I ate our lunch right there in the square. It was a little cold, but at least the sun was out.
Before we headed home, Dad bought me a steamer at the Pioneer Square Starbucks. It was funny because I had a drink and all he had was a cinnamon roll. I did a pretty good job not spilling any.
We took that same train back home. I didn't fall asleep, but I rested on Dad's leg for most of the trip.
All in all, it was a really good trip. It was fun to do something different. Maybe we'll do it again soon. I think we should take Jack and Mom next time. Things are always most fun when we all get to do them together.

1 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger ang said...

Hey Matt, my mom said maybe someday all of us cuzes can ride MAX and go to a Blazer game. Next time you're at Starbucks, try the grande ice water, it's my fave. Nobody does ice and water like Starbucks. Love, Jake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home