Monday, September 08, 2008

Freedom Sonnet

At college group this past weekend, David Knepprath did something that I thought was unique and creative. Because Good Shepherd went through some different Psalms during the summer, David challenged us to spend some time reflecting and writing our own psalm about what we experienced during the summer. I thought it was a great idea and it caused me to take some time for reflection and thanksgiving.
Anyway, I ended up trying to work my thoughts into a sonnet. I am not sure if I will try to edit this a little more, but here is what I ended up with.



Freedom Sonnet

Our God is clothed in garments royal, bright,
And watches as the kingdoms take their stand.
A champion to those devoid of might,
While walking with the broken, hand in hand.
You bid Your servants, "Walk in freedom Mine,"
And in your freedom we will walk, our Lord.
In boldness we will drink Your Son's rich wine,
Fear's power is ended at Your finished word.
Our sins You pardon, and our wounds You heal,
Kingly strength You give us day by day.
Our confidence and hope we find so real,
With grace our food, and trust our narrow way.
O Christ, our freedom, give Your grace so free,
That liberators we might, with you, be.

1 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger oregonfatts said...

excellent work! I love it. I also, loved "irresistable revolution" and i still love your blog... it's my favorite... yep, it is. Nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home