Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Talking Kids

So, I am working with Jack a little bit on his words. We are focusing mostly on animals. He is doing pretty well. My favorite is when he says "turtle." It sounds funny.

Working with Jack leads me to thinking of where Matt is with conversation, and some of my recent conversations with him. It is great how words can be confusing. Here are two examples:


Matt and I raced to his room for bedtime, and he fell into his room for the win.
Matt: Did I win?
Me: Yes.
Matt: Why?
Me: Because you got to your room first.
Matt: But I didn't get complutely in.
Me: Complutely?
Matt: Not complutely.
Me: Complutely?
Matt: NOT complutely.
Suddenly I realized that he thought I was arguing with him on whether or not he got "complutely" in.


Matt and I are sitting at the breakfast table.
Matt: Why aren't you drinking Orange Juice with breakfast?
Me: Well, I'm trying to be more healthy.
Matt: Healthy? Why?
Me: Because I want to take care of my body, and right now I am too big.
Matt: (After a thoughtful pause) You don't want to be 31?
Me: No, I'm not too old. I'm too big. I weigh too much.
Matt: You're not way too much. You're just 30.

Having kids (and talking to them) is a lot of fun.

3 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Diane Meyer said...

That was fun. :-)

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger ang said...

Talking to kids IS fun. You're complutely right.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Jenne said...

Oh! That last one CRACKED ME UP! It is so natural for kids to equate age with size. And so funny (or pathetic) that we adults don't! Funny funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home