Thursday, February 22, 2007

An All-Time Low

So, LOST last night reached an all-time low. I really thought they were turning things around and moving the story forward. Last night I lost all hope of that. The commercials leading up to last night had said that three of the major mysteries of LOST would be revealed. The episode ended and Karina and I honestly started laughing. We are still trying to figure out what the three mysteries were. They did some strand to reveal what Jack's tattoo meant. Good job, writers. We all cared a lot. That was a major development. I guess that was probably one mystery. Another was probably that the "others" live on the main island. Again, nice one. We already knew that from the first episode of this season. I can only guess that the third mystery was that the stewardess and the kids from the flight were alive and were there "to watch." This show lives for stringing people along.
I actually would like to relate LOST to SIN. John Piper talks about how sin holds out a promise of satisfaction, but never fulfills. Need I say more about LOST.
So, why, you may ask, do I still watch it? I think I watch it to be proven right. That is kind of sick. I have said all along that they have no idea where they are going with the show, and that they should have just made it a 10-week miniseries instead of a five season long show (they are supposedly shooting to conclude everything in 5 seasons). Ridiculous.
24 is still by far untouchable. As I have said before 24 > LOST. By far. My sister wrote that she doesn't like it, and that she thinks Jack is a little angry man. I respect her opinion. It is unfortunate, though, how far she and I are apart on this one. Where she sees an angry, little man, I see the greatest fictional character in the history of all fictional charaters, and also the namesake of any future son that I have. Quite a divide.
At least Ami and I both agree about how good Survivor is and how lame LOST is. She wrote a pretty awesome post about her TV journey on her blog. You should check it out: http://whereintheworldmcnay.blogspot.com/2007/02/television-1994-2006.html.

3 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

Jack is still a little angy man and I hope that you will have all girls from now on. If you do happen to have a son, I will choose to believe that he is named after Bill Pullman's character in "While You Were Sleeping".

On the Lost note, thanks for filling me in, and I am happy that I didn't stay up until 11 to see 3 unanswered mysteries. I also just realized that the star in Lost is named Jack...hmm...

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Laura Jean said...

i am encouraged to hear of your respect for jack bauer. i didn't think it was possible, but i like you guys even more.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger E said...

Wow...the greatest fictional character in the history of fictional characters!?! Quite a bold statement. If I was a blogger, I think I would refute that with a blog entry titled The Ten Greatest Fictional Characters of All Time. Aragorn, son of Arathorn, would be on the list. Mario, brother of Luigi, would be on the list. So would Spider Man, Jason Bourne, and Optimus Prime. There's just no room for Jack in a list like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home