Monday, March 26, 2007

Just Some Mentions

So, just some things to mention before I take off for our College Spring Break trip tomorrow.

For the first time in my personal history, I accurately predicted all of the Final Four teams (sorry, Kristin). I needed a huge comeback by Georgetown to pull it off, but, nonetheless, it has been pulled off. Now I can root for UCLA as a fan, but receive some consolation if they lose, since I picked Florida to win it all.

Despite my amazingly skilled picks (being a bit satirical now), I am not leading either of my pools. If Florida plays (and beats) Georgetown in the finals, I'll win both. Right now, leading the college group pool is the illustrious Mirranda Meacham, who knows very little about basketball, and filled out her first bracket this year. She also correctly predicted the Final Four, but she has Georgetown over UCLA in the finals.

For all your Oregon fans, sorry about the Ducks. They went further than I thought they would (I had them losing in the 2nd round to Winthrop). They gave the defending champs a real run for their money. As Kristin so aptly put, "If only Porter had showed up." True.

Anyway, the good news on the homefront is that Karina is feeling better overall. There are still miserable days, but we are both really grateful for her improvement. It has been a big answer to prayer. More good news is that Matthew is getting better at not pushing. Before we go places I ask him what he is not supposed to do, and he replies, "Not pushing." And then, if he doesn't push anyone, he celebrates by reporting back to us that he did not push anyone. Here is a little pick from our recent trip to the mall, at which he did not push anyone.

3 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Megan said...

I am so glad to hear that Karina is feeling better, or at least having some better days! I feel for her and have been praying for her. And good job Matthew at not pushing :)

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Mirranda said...

I'm sorry Dan... I liked the name Georgetown better than UCLA. :)_

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

Yea for feeling better, let it be my turn next!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home