Monday, December 17, 2007

Survivor Finale

And the winner is. . .me! I swear this wasn't rigged.
My boy Todd pulled it off. They kept wanting to get him off, but they just never pulled the trigger. I was stoked. Not only because of the fact that I picked Todd to win it, but because I thought he had played the best game.
Congrats for Dan Stump (Courtney, the field) for a second place finish, to Andrea Moffat (Amanda) for finishing third, and to my lovely wife Karina (Denise) for finishing in a strong fourth.
Let's just acknoweldge reality. Todd killed in the final tribal council. Courtney did well. Amamda tanked. I think she was just not as mentally tough as the other two. She was simply spent. Todd and Courtney were both proud of how they played. That went over well on the jury.
Honestly, though, Todd's final tribal council performance may have been the best ever. He won at least two votes right then and there (Jamie and JR). I think Todd is probably in my top 5 all-time. Hatch, Brian, Tina, and Tom round it out. All of them were able to control the game and yet still pull off the jury vote.
So, now you can all send me the ten dollars we promised we would put in for this pool. I accept PayPal. I'll be waiting.
Seriously, though, thanks for all who played. It was a blast for me and it made the season even more interesting than it would have been.
I think we should do it again in the Spring. Here is what I think. I think people should all email me or comment on the blog if they are interested. Then I will put all the names in a hat and choose the order that the picks will go. Then, after episode one, we will all pick.
I am stoked that some former survivors will be on this next season. Not so sure about the superfans, though. Are they all going to be nerds, or will they be able to hold their own? It's hard for me to imagine that they won't get stomped. Hope I'm wrong (sort of).
In closing, our Survivor Pool covered four states. My sister Ami McNay (Erik) picked from Georgia. Sarah and Daren Blomquist (Dave and Leslie) picked from SoCal. My best friend Dave (James) picked from Washington. And Eric and Meagan Wood (JR and Aaron), Greg and Andrea Moffat (Jamie and Amanda), Dan and Ang Stump (the field and Frosti), and Karina and I (Denise and Todd) all picked from lovely Oregon. Maybe we can add another state this next time.
Fun times.

6 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger Greg and Andrea said...

Ok, Amanda was a big disappointment in the end. She could have sold herself so much better. Taking out Todd when she had the chance would have helped. Todd dominated the last tribal. Congrats!
This made the season a lot of fun. We'd be up for it again.
Andrea

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

Totally up for this again. And agreed...after listening to Courtney at Tribal I actually thought I might have voted for her. Todd was great, and poor Amanda...she just lost it in the end. Am happy too that she put on a few pounds before the reunion show...she was looking sick at the end.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Mirranda said...

1) Congratulations! I thought Amanda might pull it off, but she put up a poor show at Tribal Council. Oh well.

2) I can't add another state (We could say we were adding another country though?) but I definitely want to be part of this in the spring. I'm excited! I really want to know who the returning players are!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Megan said...

Eric and Megan are in, we loved it and were always entertained and impressed by your analysis after each episode! Thanks for hosting the competition. I agree with everyone, Amanda mentally lost it the last 3-4 days and totally tanked tribal council - it was like she all of a sudden forgot it was a game. Todd had the best answers ever (especially to JR - oh by the way, Eric hasn't had a chance to watch it yet but I know he is going to love that interaction!) and I too might have voted for Courtney after her tribal answers. Probably not, but maybe. Good season, and I even really enjoyed the reunion show. Thanks Dan!

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Dave Mac said...

Thanks for your weekly blogs! They were super entertaining.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

I forgot to mention how much I hope that Ethan will be one of the Survivor favorites in the next season. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home